- Bennington College (Bennington, VT) | B.A. in Literature, Class of 2012
- Study Abroad: Lancaster University,UK, Spring 2011
Wisdom Publications (Boston, MA) | August 2012 – present | Communications and Advancement | I prepare and coordinate large-scale mailings, process donations, manage databases, and coordinate communications between departments.
Kneerim & Williams Literary Agency (Boston, MA) | January–February 2012 | Administrative & Editorial Intern | Read fiction manuscript submissions and wrote detailed reading reports. Comprehensively updated contact database, while successfully and diligently managing extensive and confidential information. Entered contract details into contract database. Scanned and filed confidential contracts. Prepared mailings.
Satya House Publications (Hardwick, MA) | June 2008 – June 2011 | Administrative & Editorial Assistant | Organized mailings. Proof-read clients’ manuscripts. Read and processed manuscript submissions. Online research of promotional opportunities. Sorted and processed mail.
Eagle Hill School (Hardwick, MA) | July 2008, July 2010 and July 2012 | Receptionist & Administrative Assistant | Handled large volume of phone calls; processed numerous emails daily. Welcomed visitors. Sorted and processed mail. Efficiently filed and organized confidential papers. Prepared large-scale mailings.
Insight Meditation Society (Barre, MA) | January – February 2010 | Administrative Intern | Created IMS Facebook page. Researched social media to expand outreach and publicity. Tagged and organized digital photo collection. Researched institution’s history for archives. Proofread publications. Prepared large-scale mailings.
Manic D Press (San Francisco, CA) | January–February 2009 | Administrative Intern | Read and reported on manuscript submissions. Sorted and filed papers; organized collection of press’s published materials and books. Headed sales table at literary event.
- Strong editing, proof-reading, writing, organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word; experience with contract databases; some experience with PowerPoint and Excel; familiarity with Macintosh systems.
Insight Meditation Society, Barre, MA. One four-day, two five-day, one seven-day, and two nine-day meditation retreats.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Bennington College Faculty Scholarship, 2008 – 2009, 2009 – 2010, 2010 – 2011, 2011 – 2012
- Bennington Grant, 2008 – 2009, 2009 – 2010, 2010 – 2011, 2011 – 2012
- Robby Gary Miller FWT Scholarship: Outstanding Social Sciences Student, 2008 – 2 009
- Matthew Marks ’85 and Jack Bankowsky ’81 Scholarship: Outstanding Student, 2010 – 2011
- Wallace Fowlie Scholarship: Outstanding Literature Student, 2011 – 2012
- “Tenderness” (short story). The Coe Review, Volume 39, No. 2, Spring 2009.
- “Tenderness”. The Silo: Bennington College’s Journal of Arts and Letters. Volume 65, Spring 2009.
- “Aurelio Bolognesi: A Swiss Among the New Hampshire Masters.” The Swiss Review, U.S. Regional Edition, Spring 2011.
- “The Shapes of Gods” (short story). The Silo: Bennington College’s Journal of Arts and Letters. Volume 68, Spring 2012.